The Mannheim Rocket debut was not well thought out. The party was horrific, akin to a student-era piss up (including the extremely dangerous precedent of FREE BEER). So stood around looking uncomfortable until my set at 11.45(!). But was glad to be playing. And it was fun!! Laptop djing is something I could definitely get into. Amazing to see people dancing - especially to your own tunes. Something that I have not experienced as part of a band.....
But. After 8 minutes of my set - whilst engrossed in my progression and calculating how to last another 7 minutes - my fader was cut from behind me and some horrible retro rubbish was pumped out. I asked, confused, what was going on. I still have more time left?? So the Program coordinator (of fbi) basically ended up blanking me for several minutes whilst I attempted to extract an answer to a simple question. "Am I done?". Felt completely disillusioned with the organisation as a whole and feel they should be a little more open-minded in such situations given the reputation as a free-thinking alternative to drivel (which was the majority of the party).
But I think I won a few people over and my friends who came to support me were... well very supportive!!!
Anyway back to jamming in Manly yesterday. Going good good good. Pedal projects piling up, working on some Nocto type clones soon. But that's more than enough for now.