Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Back ON IT

Yesterday was awesome.

Spent the morning doing the RAT, results below. Had some screw ups and damaged the finish, but whatever that's the point of these ones anyway. Sounds decent although I realised I didn't use logarithmic pots - so that's why it's all WHAACK. Gain is maxxed out at like 11 o'clock. Will probably try some mods today. Possibly the Reutz (better bass response) and even try different ICs.

Then went to the uni and got offered some work. It's not groundbreaking but I'll be doing some design on a 64 channel mic pre-amp (EPIC). I guess that's my two worlds covered (electronics and audio)!! Drove home and felt not sick. Was amaaaazing. Midnight Oil cruising along Alison Road.

Just been to fBi for my first shift. Answering phones and shit. Maybe not my choice of work but it makes an interesting change and hopefully (read: certainly) will lead to more of my cupotea.

Flaming Lips now. Growing on me.